I have discovered some secret weapons to help me fight the weight loss revolution. These are not only delicious, but very effective. I have included the recipes below along with how I use them.
Cinnamon Honey Tea
(recipe taken from https://cinnamonandhoney.com)
This tea tastes awesome and it helps with all sorts of things from joint pain to lowering cholesterol to jump starting weight loss.
Concentrate (what I call the Goop): 3 tsp. of Honey mixed with 1/2 tsp. of Cinnamon. (in larger quantities it would be 1 cup of Honey and 8 tsp. of Cinnamon). I mix it up in 1-2 cup batches and store it in a glass mason jar at room temperature.
Tea: To make the tea, simply dissolve 1 tbsp. of Goop into 1 cup of hot water and drink.
How I Use It: I drink 1 cup of the tea first thing in the morning and 1 before bed at night.
Cherry Almond Paleo Granola
(recipe taken from https://cookeatpaleo.com)
- 2 cups slivered almonds
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine nuts, seeds, coconut and salt in large bowl. Combine coconut oil, honey and vanilla in a small bowl, and then stir into nut mixture until well combined.
- Bake on a rimmed cookie sheet lined with parchment paper for 18 – 20 minutes, until just lightly browned.
- Add the dried cherries and toss to combine. Cool completely before serving.